RSS

Reality Check

It just hit me yesterday...we could be bringing Nikolai home in June! That is only three months away. Then a sort of panic ensued; it was brief as I stopped to pray. "God, you have made it clear that Nikolai is our son, you have worked out everything so far to this point. You will somehow give us $18,000 so we can bring him home."

We were told to expect our total costs to be about $25,000. Drew and I have about $5,000 and we are selling nearly all of our books, DVD's, CD's and more which will hopefully generate another $2000. I hadn't really thought about where the rest of the money would come from until yesterday. It seems like a huge amount to us but we know that God will make a way.

So we are calling all pray warriors to pray with us!

If you feel lead to donate to Nikolai's adoption, you can do so through our Paypal Account






All we need 450 people to give $40 each.

If you want to buy some of our stuff on Amazon click here.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Hi!!!!!!
I am crying tears of joy for Nikolai right now. I have been praying for him since I first saw his precious face on the RR website. If we hadn't just adopted an infant with Ds heading into open heart surgery, I would have been all over committing to Nikolai. I can't tell you how excited I am for your family. I would love to put a donation button for him on my blog linking to RR site, if you don't mind. OK, you probably think I'm nuts, but I'm donating my first $40 to your fund right now (and definitely not my last).
http://twodogsandafish.blogspot.com/

The Purple Sparrow said...

Kristin,

That would be awesome if you put a link up on your blog. Here is link Reece's Rainbow sent me www.reecesrainbow.org/sponsormiles.html I still think those who donate need to designate it to Miles' for Nikolai in the notes, not sure. You can feel free to copy Nikolai's pic from the website and use it. Thank you so much!

We have an 18 mos old with DS too; when he was 2 mos he had open heart surgery to repair an AVSD. He is totally healthy now. When is your little one's surgery? I will be praying.

Kristin said...

Oh - it was in September (I've been praying for Nikolai for some time) - he's doing great - he'll be one this month!! Thanks for the link :)

Post a Comment