RSS

Look Who's Talking

Lane, my 3 year old son has become quite the talker. Unfortunately, this also means he is repeating a lot of things he hears. He now rarely calls me "mommy," but instead he refers to me as 'honey." When he is getting in trouble he puts his little hands on my face and says "honey, do you love me very much?" How could I possible put him in time out after that?

Today he went to throw away some trash and found a couple Thomas the Train pamphlets that came with his new train, I had thrown away. "Mommy," he said, "These are not trash, these are my books." I apologized to him and he said "Mommy, you should not throw these away, that was not very nice." He sounded exactly like me when I am scolding him for some wrong doing.

It is so cute to hear him talking so much and understanding more and more. But at the same time it is a little scary, because I am realizing how important it is to watch my words. Not only my words but my tone. When I yell, he yells, when I speak in anger, he responds in anger. He is learning from me, even when I don't want him to be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment